Replace many text phrases at once
Free program, which allows you to change/replace multiple letters and phrases at a time. It is easy to create and save lists of changes/replacements, so that you can reuse them.
wReplace resembles Notepad. Like Notepad, it works with plain text Unicode files.
It runs on Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Easy as Notepad.
- Fast and free.
- Export and import whole replacement table.
- National characters support (Unicode).
- Character conversion
- Changing one set of characters into another. Useful for making HTML pages when you deal with different coding defined with
<meta http-equiv="content-type" ... > tag.
- Romanization (latinisation)
- Conversion of a text written in a non-Roman alphabet into Roman alphabet.
- Writing down a text (or a word) written in one alphabet with letters of another alphabet.
- Conversion of a text written in a non-Cyrillic alphabet into Cyrillic alphabet.
- Transcription (phonetics, phonemics, phonemic orthography)
- Writing down phonemes of a spoken language, so that you can reproduce them later. Also, you may write down phonemes of one language using letters of another.
- Simple substitution cipher (e.g. ROT13, ROT47).
Morse code conversion.
Remove diacritics (accents)
wReplace is an excellent tool for national characters conversion into standard set of ASCII characters. This is useful because many programs do not correctly display non-ASCII national characters; for example, programs which display film subtitles sometimes have this problem. The change/replacement is run according to a pattern (“Diacritic to ASCII”) available in the program and may look like this:
Ě → E
Ą → A
Ł → L
ß → ss
Problem with national characters in film subtitles
|No cóż, mogę powiedzieć
"kamera mnie kocha"!
||No coz, moge powiedziec
"kamera mnie kocha"!
wReplace is useful for language learning. It allows you to convert between different notations/writing systems, and to approximately phonetically transcribe text. Possible applications:
- Japanese, text conversion both ways:
- Romaji ↔ Hiragana,
- Romaji ↔ Katakana,
- Katakana ↔ Hiragana.
- Russian; Cyrillic, conversion into Latin phonetic transcription ISO 9-1995.
wReplace can be used free of charge.
|string replace, search and replace, find and replace, search replace, find replace, replace text, multi replace, multiple replace, replace characters, text converter, convert text, Morse code, Unicode, rot13, rot47, transcription, transliteration, romanization, phonetics,
diacritic, diacritical, diacritics.
On the Web
4 Cool Applications To Make You More Productive With Text Editing — Article by Varun Kashyap
Described apps: TriX, Transfz, wReplace and PhraseExpress.
Conquer the ‘Find and Replace’ Text Tasks with wReplace — Article by Simon Slangen
Interesting wReplace description.